FITCHBURG — The Department of Public Works advises residents of the following work that will be done, weather permitting, during the week of Feb. 6.
Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Expect road closures, delays and detours.
• Due to building construction at the Dickenson Building located at 37 Boulder Drive, Cushing Street is closed to pedestrian traffic.
• MassDOT will be continuing their reconstruction and rehabilitation of the Circle Street Bridge. Due to construction, the bridge will remain closed to vehicle and pedestrian traffic until further notice.
Combination sanitary sewer/Storm drain separation project
Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Expect detours, lane shifts, road closures, and traffic delays.
Ongoing combination sanitary sewer/Storm drain separation project
• No construction work scheduled for this week.
Minor traffic impacts
Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• Pothole repairs in all wards.
• Spot sweeping around the city.
• Tree pickup in Ward 3 and Ward 5.
• Repair water gate boxes at various locations throughout the city.
• Installation of handicap ramps on Boutelle Street and Goodrich Street.
• Arcadis will not be conducting any stormwater infrastructure inspections this week.
Hydrant maintenance citywide.
Use SeeClickFix to report maintenance requests or concerns including potholes, sidewalks, signs/signals, lights, parks, catch basins or manholes.
Call the DPW Dispatcher at 978-829-1900 with any immediate request including weather related events (snow, wind, ice, flooding) or sewage backups.