FITCHBURG — The Department of Public Works advises residents of the following work that will be done, weather permitting, during the week of Sept. 26.
Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Expect road closures, delays and detours.
• P.J. Albert Inc. will be working on punch-list and contract close out items along Main Street, Boulder Drive, Mill Street, and Cushing Street.
Cushing Street is accessible by pedestrian traffic only.
• Unitil will be conducting natural gas pipeline replacement projects in the areas of High Street, Elm Street, Central Street, Prichard Street, Main Street, Circle Street, Broad Street, and Dartmouth Street. The contractors Neuco, S. Fors, Feeney Brothers and O.G. Croteau, plan to work 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Expect temporary road closures and delays. Residents will be given notice on any planned service interruptions associated with the gas work. With fall classes resuming, Unitil and Neuco will coordinate with the Fitchburg Police Department and Fitchburg Public Schools to ensure student pickup and drop off, as well as bus access in proximity of work-zones will remain available.
On-going Combination Sanitary Sewer/Storm Drain Separation Project
Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Expect detours, lane shifts, road closures, and traffic delays.
• Birch Street Passway from Birch Street to End. Contractor will work with residents for access to and from properties.
• Trenchless rehabilitation work will be conducted on Walnut, Blossom, Main, Clarendon, Henry, and Marion Streets. Expect detours and road closures.
• Manhole rehabilitation work will be conducted on Payson, South, Beech, and Thomas Streets. Expect detours and road closures.
Minor Traffic Impacts
Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• Pothole repairs in all wards.
• Spot sweeping around the city.
• Repair water gate boxes at various locations throughout the city.
• Sidewalk replacement on South Street and Charles Street.
• Work on a new wall at Forest Hill Cemetery may close part of the walkway around the cemetery.
• Catch basin repairs on Monroe and Fairbanks Streets.
• Unitil will have their tree contractor Asplundh working on the Caldwell side of Arlington Street.
• Arcadis will be conducting stormwater infrastructure inspections in the following areas: Wanoosnoc Road, Water Street, Main Street, Lunenburg Street, and Townsend Street. Contractor will work with residents if access is needed to their property. Note: The inspections of the infrastructure may include the use of dye and residents should not be alarmed.
• Hydrant maintenance citywide.
Use SeeClickFix to report maintenance requests or concerns including potholes, sidewalks, signs/signals, lights, parks, catch basins or manholes.
Call the DPW Dispatcher at 978-829-1900 with any immediate request including weather related events (snow, wind, ice, flooding) or sewage backups.