DEVENS — Meredith Marcinkewicz, curator of the Shirley Historical Society Museum, will present an illustrated lecture at the Fort Devens Museum about the area known as Nonacoicus.
From 1798 to 1871, the town of Shirley owned land east of the Nashua River that later became part of the newly formed town of Ayer. This presentation will offer an opportunity to learn about the geography, the early settlers, the roads, the mills and the development of the Nonacoicus area that includes acres of property at Devens.
The Fort Devens Museum is located on the third floor of 94 Jackson Road in Devens. The program is free and open to the public.
Fore more information, email email@example.com.